Access problems in climbing literature refer to situations where climbing is prohibited or limited by certain restrictions. These problems have in short time evolved as the biggest constrainment to climbing in the world. In Finland, these problems have increased in recent years at alarming rate due to growing climbing population. Amount of climbers per se are not the problem but the individuals who do not know the rules or live by them!
Tolerant and polite manners, respecting others and common sense prevent majority of the problems!
- when parking, leave unobstructed way for local habitants and agricultural machinery
- do not walk close to habitation or through agricultural (or any other) plantation
- do not litter or make unnecessarily loud noises when at the cliff
- making fire is allowed only with a permit!
- saying ”hello” and polite manners can help to save yet many more climbing spots!
It is clear that if the rules are not followed we will see more conflicts and our climbing spots will see restrictions. The scarce number of climbing spots in Finland demands that we, the climbers, can't lose any of them!
Everyman right in Finland: http://www.ymparisto.fi/en-US/Nature/Everymans_rights